Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Time Grilling!

I am participating in Kelli's of There's No Place Like Home Friday Show and Tell. {Click on this link to read more about it.}
Show and TellI thought it would be fun to share a grilled meal with y'all. It is hot and humid here in the deep south and I just hate to heat up my kitchen. And I love healthy, low calorie meals!
The Menu (To feed 2 adults, 1 child and enough left over for one lunch the next day)
  • 2 Tuna Steaks
  • 1 lb Fresh Tiny Asparagus (on sale at the local market this week!)
  • 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
You will also need Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Lemon Juice & Greek Seasonings. And of course, a grill and a Microwave.

Marinade the Tuna in Olive Oil (1-2 Tablespoons), Juice of one Lemon and Greek Seasonings.

Microwave Sweet Potatoes for 3 minutes, slice about 1/2-3/4 of an inch thick and set aside. This will enable the potatoes to cook quicker on the grill and they will be ready to take up at the same time the meat and asparagus are ready to take up.

Wash Asparagus and pat dry.

Place the Sweet Potato and Asparagus on the grill, brush with Olive Oil, sprinkle with Sea Salt and Greek Seasonings.

Add your Tuna to the Grill. If you have never Grilled Tuna before, Grill it just like you do Beef Steak. We cook ours done, but like it moist, tender and flaky.

Make sure you turn your vegetables frequently.



Plate it up and
Enjoy!!!

24 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! Your grilled meal looks fabulous!
Great post...
Kathy

Unknown said...

Your meat does look fabulous! Thanks for sharing...I'll have to try that!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Everything looks wonderful, thank you for sharing your wonderful meal.

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Kathi :)

Charlotte said...

This food looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the details. I love asparagus.

Anne Fannie said...

mmmm, that looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing and please pass the plate!
Love, Ann

Carrie said...

A wonderful summer meal.

Hootin Anni said...

This all looks sooooooooo delicious!!! Love the bright color of the food too when they're cooked on a grill. All so yummy!!! Thanks for the invite.


My Show n Tell is now posted. Hope you can stop by for a visit. Have a glorious Friday.

A Hint of Home said...

That's a great idea! Being in the deep south, as I am also, it surely helps to cook outside.

Pink Slippers said...

Your meal looks soooo good! I will be right over to share. LOL--from California..Oh I forgot I don'y own a plane.

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy,

Can I come over!? ;) Your meal looks simply yummy!

Anonymous said...

I'm hungry now!!

Susan said...

It all looks wonderfully tasty!!
Susan

Carla said...

YUMMMY! Gonna share this with hubby-the grill chief (or chef:)

Patty H. said...

YUM! That looks so good. Making my mouth water.

Sondra said...

The meal looks so wonderful! Nice show and tell.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I never thought to do asparagus on the grill like that. Yum

Martha said...

That looks awesome. My mouth is watering. I have only seen fresh tuna done to where it is raw in middle so I have never been brave enough to try it.

Missy Wertz said...

Martha, I cook it like I cook my steaks, well done, no pink and I have mastered no scorched or charred on the outside.

Sew Gracious said...

Missy, that looks delicious! We love to grill,year round, but especially in the summer. You know my weather is just like yours! ;-)

DH is the Grillmaster here and is anxious to try this for us soon!

Thanks for sharing!

Missy Wertz said...

Pam, our air went out on Friday!!! Praise the Lord, it was low on Freon and had frozen up. Neighbor, who works on air conditionairs on the side fixed us up for less than $100! Yeah! Nice and cool now. :-)

Dawn said...

Looks very yummy! Thanks so much for stopping by my S&T this week - the idea of my needlework someday ending up in a museum and someone like you trying to figure out my life by looking at it is somehow very appealing to me!

Mary said...

Looks great. Reminds me I should grill more...

Anonymous said...

That meal looks great and very little work. I have salmon and I think everything can be fine with any fish. I never thought to do sweet potatoes that way. Yum!! Thanks for sharing your cooking show. Smile!

Love ya, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. Great pictures too.