Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dinner Time!

Cod Loins

I have a delicious recipe for Cod Loins for you. It is healthy, low in sodium, tasty and filling.

You need just a few things. We are a small family so I usually cook just what we need for one meal (when I cook fish).


What you will need:
  • Cod Loins
  • Fresh Tomatoes ( I will use fresh frozen in the winter)
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt
  • Minced Garlic
  • Greek Seasonings (We have a lot of Greek Restaurants here in this area and I have found that I really like the seasonings they use)
  • If you have some fresh herbs on hand that are good with fish you can use them as well
  • A stoneware or glass dish to cook the fish in
Place the cod loins into the cooking dish. You can do this while they are still frozen. (This is great to prepare earlier in the day and place in the oven 20-30 minutes before time to serve.) Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt, seasonings and add your minced garlic.

Chop your tomatoes and place on top of the season cod. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Place in oven and cook 20-30 minutes. (Depends on how thawed out they are ;-) You can smell them when they are done.)

After removing from oven, serve on plate. Serve with a vegetable or salad and fruit or whole grain rice or potatoes.

My sweet husband made the salad and put the fish in the oven for me while I was off teaching a fitness class at a near by gym. If the meat is frozen, you can prepare it earlier in the day and just let it sit out and thaw until you are ready to cook it. 10 year olds like this too!

7 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Melissa, that looks delish! I've made some of our snapper similar to that before. It's great.

You made me realize I spelled 'hazard' wrong (with 2 z's), so I fixed it! That's what I get for relying on my memory.

Rhoda

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Yum!
That looks great. We'll be over for dinner.
I can bring the ice cream.

Kelli said...

That looks so yummy and perfect for summer! Thank you for the recipe!
~Kelli

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for commenting on my cabinet..and you are right...nothing has to be done right now.

The recipe looks great!
I am going to look around your blog a bit..I see you have another on healthy eating. I started one but haven't posted yet.
Have a great day,
Diane

Picket said...

Gosh girl that looks so good..I have never cooked fish before..my folks have always had the big fish fry dinners! lol Thanks for coming by..I got that flag at the Tuscaloosa Michaels..they only had 2 & my sister stood there looking at the second one and she is really a prim decor girl & I thought for sure she would get it but a little elderly lady came up and snatched it! lol lol Have a great night!

Sue said...

Melissa,
This looks delicious! I enjoyed looking at your blog. You are one busy lady. I enjoy smocking also. I'll be visiting you again.

Screaming Meme said...

Can I come over? It looks so good! Screaming Meme