Thursday, January 15, 2009

Awards and Thank Yous!

Y'all it is cold here in Alabama. I live in what is considered the "Deep South". We do not like for it to get this cold without snow! ;-) DD practices the piano for 30 minutes before going to school every morning. It sounded funny! Terrible funny. I told her to 'warm it up' and she tried. But to be honest, it was so terrible sounding, neither one of could stand it. So I told her that she could practice it this afternoon. Rare that the piano sounds like that, but when the temps drop this low, and the great room is so big with cathedral ceilings. It just effects the sound of the piano. It will sound better this afternoon.

I also want to thank everyone for the Birthday Wishes. I really appreciate them. It meant a lot to me. :-D I had a great day and got another Lowes Gift Card!!! Dinning Room Makeover here I come!!!

Ladies (and Gents) I have been very tardy with this first award. It was given to me by Anya of Hills Creek Quilter before Christmas (I think) and though I put it on my award page, I am just now announcing it. (Sorry Anya...)
The rules are:

1. 5 people are allowed to receive this award
2. 4 dedicated followers
3. 1 new follower to your blog who lives in another part of the world
4. Please link back to the person who gave you this award.
Today I will be a rule breaker and take the easy way out... Sorry folks.
If you are a regular reader and poster of this blog, please feel free to pick up this award for yourself.

Kitty @ A Bit of Fluff, Quite Messy Really... gave me these too lovely awards. The first one is very Valentines looking. And both awards are supposed to go to bloggers who are not into "self-aggrandizement". When I saw the list of ladies that she gave these awards to, then saw my name listed with them, I was humbled. That is very sweet Kitty and thank you!





I am to pass these awards on to 8 bloggers who do not into self-aggrandizement and there are so many wonderful and deserving bloggers out there! As I visit blogs, many of you have already been awarded these awards, so today I will be a rule breaker. If you are a reader and poster to one of my 3 blogs, please feel free to pick up one of these awards for yourself. You deserve it! And please take time to visit these ladies wonderful blogs.

Hugs,
Melissa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my goodness you are just loaded with awards..... congrats..... lovely awards...
I guess I am a little slow I didn't realize you live in Alabama...... it is cold here in Texas also.... brrr I don't like the cold.... no outside work for me today...
HUgs
Linda

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I do hope you had a wonderful birthday...and lucky you to get a Lowes gift card...I love that store...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday and congrats on the awards!

Yeah it's brutally cold here in Georgia and not a snowflake in sight!

Manuela

Anya said...

Don't worry about being late with the award posting. I've discovered that they really take a lot of time to write up. And I definitely have no trouble with the rules being broken (they're not broken, just tweaked).

I somehow missed the fact that you had a birthday -- hope you had a great day!

Gone said...

It's down to 4 already tonite. Brrrrrrrrr

happy belated Birthday!!!