Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chick Flicks!

With all the cold weather and February just around the corner, I am in the mood for a Chick Flick Weekend! Oh there are so many many options. Most of these are in my DVD Library.

Nothing like a good Cary Grant movie. This one with Deborah Kerr is one of the best romantic tearjerkers of all time. I love this movie. I just love this one. I saw it again a couple of weeks ago. Sigh...
Isn't it time for these two to make another movie together? It has been a while since I have seen "You've Got Mail". I think it might be at the top of my list. :)

And these two... With Patrick Wilson. What a performance. Another tearjerker. DD loves to watch this one with me. The old B&W used to terrify me at her age. She loves all the music and stuff in this movie. When I was little, this was considered a horror film, now it is considered a romantic dark love story. It does make me cry.
I love these films ....
I love the book they are based on... Give me either one on a cold night with a nice comfy blanket. I am happy!

The sweet love of these two, tore my heart out. I cried and cried.... I want to watch it again!

LadyHawke. One of my all time favorites. A fantasy love story. Eternally together, forever apart. Based on some Medieval Tale of sorts. Guys tend to like this one too!

I have some more, but these are the ones I watch over and over. Except for Somewhere in Time. I have only watched it once and that was not long after it came out. I still remember it like yesterday. I need to get that movie and add it to my library. Then it will be watched over and over.

What are some of your favorite Chick Flicks?

7 comments:

P. said...

I vote on Sleepless in Seattle.

Alfazema

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh my...that list is almost identical to mine!! I was especially surprised to see Ladyhawke...most people have never heard of it! It is wonderful, isn't it? And wasn't Matthew Broderick a little cutie? I would add French Kiss...not one that makes you cry, but a cute movie!Loved this post!...Debbie

SmilingSally said...

Your list looks good to me, although I've never seen Somewhere in Time. Anything with Cary Grant--*sigh*. ❤

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love Open Range because I think it has a beautiful love story in the middle of a cowboy story but You've Got Mail... don't cry Shop Girl. I wanted to own the Little Shop Around the Corner. My favorite.
Roberta Anne

Tamara Jansen said...

Sound of Music.....does that count as a chick flick??? :)

Nancy Rosalina said...

gotta pick Somewhere in Time! So romantic! Love it! Have fun! Blessings, Nancy

Kelli said...

I love The Lakehouse! Also The Notebook. :)
~Kelli