Monday, May 11, 2009

Blue Monday-A Blue Heart

Welcome to Blue Monday! And thank you Sally for hosting.


Today I am sharing a stain glass heart purchased on our Honeymoon in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I saw it hanging on the big window in the Pigsgah Inn Gift Shoppe with the light coming through it. I knew I had to have it. It has been hanging in my kitchen window ever since, almost 17 years.

Happy Blue Monday everyone! To see more Blue Monday Posts, go to Smiling Sally's Blog. I am still busy with work. Hopefully will get some photos posted on my business blog for you to see. I will try my best to stop by and see and post to everyone.

16 comments:

Becky K. said...

That is the perfect thing to take home. How neat that it still hangs where you can enjoy it.

Have an awesome Monday!

SmilingSally said...

What a marvelous souvenir of a lasting love. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Cindy said...

Really pretty. Romantic memories are the best. Thanks
Cindy

bj said...

What a beautiful little blue heart.
How grand to have something in your window that reminds you every day of your sweet honey.
xo bj

Joyce said...

It may be 17 years but it must feel like yesterday that you were on your honeymoon. Hope you go back there for your 25th for another heart and honeymoon.
Joyce

Unknown said...

Oh, that is pretty!!

Happy Blue Monday!

JD/ Jill said...

Very cute blue heart...The blue Ridge mountain area is one of my favorite places to visit...

Barb said...

Hi Melissa, your heart is lovely.

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a beautiful treasure! Happy Blue Monday.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Romance and hearts go perfectly together and what a wonderful memory.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

what a treasure! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

Unknown said...

I love pretty colored things in the window!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful blue treasure! It looks great dressing up the window!

Terry said...

Oh my what a sweet treasure.
I am so sentimental this just makes me feel all warm and cozy to read this .I have a little mist in my eyes too.Happy Blue Monday .
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful treasure and a very special honeymoon memory .
Have a blessed week.

Linda's Blue Gate said...

Ahhhh blue love...... it is so lovely and still looks fresh.....
HUgs
Linda

Linda's Blue Gate said...

Ahhhh blue love...... it is so lovely and still looks fresh.....
HUgs
Linda