Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Plan to Take it Back!!!

My yard that is. At one time, I gardened a lot. In fact it became an extension to my studio. I would photograph a client in the studio, then take them into the garden and photograph them some more. Then I became a mom. :D I love it! But something had to go and the yard was it. I would sometimes give it a lick and a promise and that would be all. And look what has moved in during my absence! Well, I have decided to take it back!


Yes, that is a copperhead!!! A very tiny copperhead! I took this photo with my Sigma 150/2.8. It was one of the 1st photos I took with the lens as I just got it that morning. Well, he must have a mama and some siblings around. Ed did kill it. Bro. Jeff was a tad disappointed about that. We told him we would be glad to call him the next time we see one.

Over the next year, I plan to take my yard back. Look here for photos of the progress. Now I need to sign off as I have little birdies on the deck looking for food. (Shouldn't they be looking for fresh seed on their own by now?)

4 comments:

Sew Gracious said...

Ok . . . you are the Blogging Queen now! ;-)

The snake gives me the willies!

Missy Wertz said...

LOL! Yep, DH is going to get mad at me if I don't stop. LOL!!! I just realized, I have a special gift to make for one of my best childhood friends. She turns 50 next week and I have not even started on this gift.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I wasn't sure if that was real or a fake one! Yikes!

Missy Wertz said...

Yes Kathi, it is real... I was using a macr telephoto lens, so he looks much bigger than he was, but little tiny copperheads are just as poisonous and yucky as big ones. YIKES!