Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Photos from a Walt Disney World Trip

I want to thank everyone for commenting on my Grandpa's favorite "inside" chair. (I am also blessed to have his favorite "outside" chair as well!!!) Having that chair has really brought back memories. Now, I need to educate myself on reupholstering and new stuffing. All of it is going to need replacing. The front left leg may need a 'real' carpenter to repair it. So... I will need to find someone who knows what s/he is doing. :-)

In the last few days, I have been looking at some old photos. I am a professional photographer, but when I go on vacation, I like to keep a small camera handy, even when I tote around professional gear. I remember this particular trip to Walt Disney World, I only carried what my little fanny pack would hold. My little point and shoot. My DH has laughed and laughed about buying me this camera. He said he should have done it years ago. It has paid for itself over and over b/c I never print the photos!!!! I just load them on the computer, burn them to a CD and look at them later. LOL! "I can buy you several digital cameras for what you have saved me..." Now I ask, "Where is my Nikon D3x? Huh?" Actually, I was still shooting film professionally. I was trying to get my feet wet and get comfortable with digital. As a film photographer for 20 years, and a medium format shooter, this was a hard transition for me. But, for a little point and shoot, these photos are not bad, not bad at all!
Enjoy!

A couple of photos taken with my trusty point and shoot camera (Cannon A/75). I love this camera because it will fit in my purse and no one is safe ;-D!
I believe this first photo was taken...Well I know it was taken in a gift shop somewhere in WDW.

This photo was taken outside the teashop in Epcot "England" right after Illuminations. I love china, I love tea, I love this shop and I loved the lighting of the wares displayed in the window after the store was closed.

I hope that you enjoy the photos!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Disney is always so much fun. Sometimes it's a bit too hot for my taste but still worth it-lol.

Kelli said...

Lovely photos! I have a small camera that fits in my purse too. :0) Hope you are having a great week!
~Kelli