Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall Y'all!

I have had a busy week. That is good. :-) Keeps me out of trouble. ;-) Next week should be slower.

We have had a nip in the air. A smell of fall. Nice window opening weather in the early AM and late PM. Sigh. Now I am getting in the mood to decorate for fall.

This is a little start!


The pumpkins are from where else but... the $ Tree! The basket is an old silver plate basket that I have had and spray painted a few weeks ago. The frame is from "shopping" in my basement, spray painting and adding a glazed finish. Chalk board spray painted foam core, again found in the basement.
Show and Tell
Make sure you stop by Kelli's There's No Place Like Home and check out all the other Friday Show and Tell participants.

I have been a little more inspired and went shopping.... well, after I went to my MS patient's house to do her physio-therapy/training.

Addendum!
I added a few photos of some more things that I have done today.


Today, I found this plate at Marshalls for 50 cents. It does not go with a thing in this house. But when I am done, it can be a starter of my new 'china garden'. :D


"What'cha do'in?" Zoey is coming into the room to check on what I am doing... (Off topic here-notice where the grout stain stops? and the messy job? Don't, don't leave supplies where precocious 8 year olds, who think they know it all, can get to the supplies. B/c of trying to fix her mess, I still have not finished restaining my grout... another post, another day.) I am not putting Zoey in the cloche.


I saw where Kimba (Soft Place to Land) made one of these and posted it on her site this morning. I was looking for one while shopping yesterday and Target had them for 29.99.... too rich for my blood... Especially when it might be in the Goodwill box next month! I had the finial from Lowe's sitting in a drawer- .20 cents. I received a 40% off coupon in the email box from Micheals yesterday. Vase came from there. 7.99 - 40% +9% sales tax. Little more than 5 bucks.
Votive holder from the $$$ Tree 2 for a $. The faux harvest came from Ross. Though I have a bunch from the $$$ Tree as well.


This is a Princess House Chrystal Vase that my mom gave me 15-16 years ago. It just sits around. When I saw Ramona's vases full of the faux harvest and pine cones, I thought "Oh, I need to clean the dust off of that and fill it up!!!" Looks good! Now to get on with more decorating!

12 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love the shopping in your basement idea. I have a garage and storage area full of things that I forgot what I even have. So it's fun to shop with the things I already have.

Sometimes I pull something out and think how pretty it is or that I can use it. Then it sits around again until it ends back in the garage or storage area. LOL

But at least that kind of shopping is free!

Hugs,
Joanne

Shannon said...

You are off to a great start! I love it all! I love this time of year too!

Anonymous said...

Well.... little white pumpkins that you don't have to paint.... I don't get out much..... love your counter tops and back splash very pretty....I would LOVE to have granite....maybe someday...might pretty fall start...
HUgs
Linda

A Hint of Home said...

Your cloche turned out great. Love all the Fall decor.

Darlene said...

Hello I stopped by here from A Day in the Life of Ramona's blog. I made a couple of those cloches when Marie of Watch the Wind Blow By showed us hers. Aren't they the neatest?!?

Love your chalkboard and the white pumpkins....the white pumpkins seem to be big this year. I love them all no matter what color.

Hope you will stop by and visit me sometime.

Grandma Faith said...

You have given us some good ideas today. Thanks for showing and telling. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I like your sale price a lot better than 29.99. Your fall decorating has a good start. Very pretty. The bird is so cute.

Hugs, Jeanne

Susan said...

Very nice touches.
Susan

Kelli said...

Gotta love the dollar store! All of your Autumn decorations are beautiful and I love the chalkboard, too!
~Kelli

Kimba said...

Love the new cloche! I'm going to have to check out Michaels so that I can make a bigger one.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy,
I love your fall display - those pumpkins look adorable!

Kathy said...

What a pretty Princess House vase. Amazing what you can find at the Dollar Treee, isn't it? They had some really cute little pumpkins and gourds this year. Kathy