Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blog Award!

I have been given the sweetest award! Carolyn at Cranberry Crossings has awarded me with the
Photobucket Award! Thank you Carolyn! Carolyn is busy decorating for fall. Please go by her blog and see all the beautiful things she has done.

Now I am supposed to pass this award along to 6 blogs that I love. That will be very hard to do b/c I love and visit so many!

The first two blogs that I will pass the award to I recently teased the ladies about it being their fought that "I'm blogging and I can't stop!" LOL! I love these ladies and have known them for years. Will be seeing one f them in 3 weeks when we meet up at Smocking Arts Guild of America Convention in Atlanta.

1. Martha at Southern Matriarch. Martha is fun loving, crafty and a fine seamstress. If you like embroidery, sewing, etc., check out her site. She has some excellent tutorials for Bullion Embroidery, Eyelets, etc., on her blog. Martha is also making lovely bonnet stands and dress stands. You will see beginnings of them on her blog right now, finished items later on this week.

2. Pam at Sew Gracious. I have known Pam, thru the internet, for years. She also belongs to Smocking Arts Guild of America. Her blog mainly features her lovely bags and accessories that she sells in her Etsy Shop. But she will also post recipes, write about gardening, sewing, crafts, etc.

3. Rhonda at ScooterBlu's Whimsy. Her blog is about her everyday life. It can be about her family, yard sale finds, lake parties, decorating, etc. Her blog is a lot of fun to go see every day.

4. Ramona at A Day in the Life of Ramona. She decorates, recycles, and has a lot of ideas on her site. I enjoy going there. (I am going to use that pine cone & $ store tiny gourd in a glass container she has on her blog. I like it!)

5. Nancy at Southern Lady. And a gracious Southern Lady she is. I love going to her site just to see what she has done, what house she has toured and taken photos of....

6. Kelli at No Place Like Home. Kelli's home is always warm and inviting. It smells like warm bread, fresh coffee and an extra plate set just for you. The first time I saw Kelli's blog was a couple of years ago. Someone posted one of her smocking projects on the Heirloom Sewing and Smocking Forum that I belong to. She had posted a basic square yoke dress that she had made for one of the girls. And I love her Friday Show and Tell, whether I get a chance to participate or not.

Ladies, feel free to pick up your award and display them on your blog if your feel lead. And thanks so much for your inspiration and kind words. They mean a lot!

Thank you Carolyn for the award and your kind words.

Everyone, please take a moment to visit these fine ladies blogs. :-)


15 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats on your award!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh, thank you so much...I will add it in with my next post. Hope you have a great day. Nancy

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh, were are my maners!!! Congrats on your award!!!

Nancy Rosalina said...

manners!!!! Okay, I'm finished!!LOL:)

Missy Wertz said...

LOL!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Congrats on your award. You deserve it!

Hugs,
Joanne

Ramona said...

Melissa ~ Oh my gosh and good golly...thank you for the award. Coming from you it is a REAL compliment. Congratulations on your award as well...I totally heart your blog and the award is well deserved for sure.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Deb said...

Hi Melissa, congratulations on your award!!! Deb

The Berry's Patch said...

Congratulations Melissa! Have a fabulous day! :-)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Melissa, First of all, Congrats on winning YOUR award! You certainly deserve it! :) And THANK you so much for passing it on to me! Just to be lumped with these other fine ladies you passed it on to also, is an honor! It has been such a pleasure getting to know you and I look forward to many more shared posts, comments, and friendship! :)

Oh, I didn't do the EWW I had planned for this wednesday, that we discussed yet! It is coming later! :) That post and song has been postponed for 2 weeks! LOL!

Thanks again! ~Rhonda :)

Martha said...

Congratulations!!! And thank you so much for sharing it with me. You are too sweet. See you SOON!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, congratulations on your award. I love your blog too. You did a lovely job on the blogs you passed the award. Nice sentiments for each choice. You are a very gracious person and that is a nice trait.

Hugs...Jeanne

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Good morning! You are very welcome! I love to visit you!
Have a great weekend!

Kelli said...

Thank you so much for the award, Melissa! Your sweet words really made my day and I'm thankful for your friendship! ((hugs))
~Kelli

Sew Gracious said...

Congrats on your award, Missy! Well-deserved! I am honored to receive one from you! Thank you so much! :-)