Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nick Saban Arrested!!!!!

I need to preface that this is a joke. LOL! I forget that not everyone is from Alabama and understand how folks live and die collage football around here.

Nick Saban is the former Miami Dolphins Head Coach and was hired by the University of AL to turn their losing team back into the winning champions of the glory days of the late Paul "Bear" Bryant. Alabama beat the GA Bulldogs last weekend for the first time since 1992.

Of late, Alabama fans have been beside themselves. And this is bleeding over to the other side as I got this in an email from an Auburn fan.........

Subject: AP-Tuscaloosa - Nick Saban Arrested!

AP-Tuscaloosa - Authorities arrested Alabama head coach Nick Saban in the predawn hours Monday at his home in Tuscaloosa on animal cruelty charges. Saban, 56, was charged with 85 counts of animal cruelty in an alleged attack which occurred Saturday night in Athens, Georgia. Police said that as many as 92,138 witnesses saw Saban and a large group of violent young men under his control hit, kick, crush and destroy a large pack of mostly-docile bulldogs.

One officer was quoted as saying, "I haven't seen bulldogs treated this badly since the Michael Vick case."


ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

8 comments:

cherry said...

Your Fall decor is lovely! I didn't hear about this in the news...I am in Oregon though. Sooo sad. cherry

Picket said...

Oh girl that was a good one!!!! lol lolI am right here in the mist of College town and hubby was watching the game and all at once he hollers in here to me ..'Georgia got the ball!" "Georgia...got a touch down!!!" Georgia got the ball again..another touch down!! Man what is happening to us!!!" lol lol It was that way for a few minutes and it looked like is was over for us Alabama fans...but we came back and I know it would have made Coach Bear Bryant proud!!! ROL TIDE!!! Have a great weekend girl!

Darlene said...

I'm glad you said it was a joke cause otherwise I would not have known.

That is too funny how that was written up!!!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

LOL! My hubby came home last night and told me the exact same joke! He really got me! Hahahahahahahahahaha!
Roll Tide!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Ha-ha, Melissa! That was a pretty rough game against GA. My hubby was sure happy.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I am not from AL, but can still certainly appreciate the football humor in this one (yep...football mom to three boys playing right now).

Nerissa Alford said...

That's so funny. I'm a big college football fan (Go Noles) & the title caught my eye.
Happy Pink Saturday & College Football Saturday!!
Nerissa

Deb said...

Hilarious! Deb