Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Survey

This looks like fun!

Is having a Mr. Linky Christmas Tag today. I thought it would be fun to participate. If you want to participate, click on the logo link and it will take you straight to her site.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper. With real ribbon. I also like all my paper to be alike and ribbon alike, but my family messes me up by finding the hodgepodge of scraps of Christmas pass...
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving, but not this year.
4. When do you take the tree down? News Years Day or the 6th of Jan. Growing up, we always took our decorations down on the 6th of January. In DH's home they took them down on the 1st. So we go back and forth.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but hot cocoa better!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Barbie in 1964 or 1965. I still have her. And a Chatty Cathy the year before. I no longer have her. She must have died...
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.
9. Do You have a nativity scene? Yes. Several and they are all different sizes.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? When I was an early teen, I wanted money. So I got a check in my stocking and that was all. That was a very disappointing Christmas.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Right now, Santa Clause I.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Any time. It is always different.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. If I do not like something, I donate it.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweet Potato Casserole And Ginger snaps
16. Lights on the tree? White and lots of them.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Hark the Harold Angels Sing
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Stay home or very close.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? No.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? No time.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? The deep burgundy reds!
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? A broth soup, a light salad, Turkey breast roast, asparagus casserole, sweet potato casserole, some sort of dessert and coffee. ...
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? melrose silver dinner forks (long story how 4 are missing from my set) and lowes or home depot gift cards.

9 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Melissa! This is a fun post, I enjoyed reading of your Christmas likes and such. I also love the things you won in the giveaway! All very lovely gifts. Deb

Kitty Scraps said...

Hi Melissa,
It was nice getting to you better thru your Christmas likes post. And girl don't be fooled for one moment by the pictures on my blog, I had to use a lint roller to get the white kitty hair off the sideboard and clear a few things off of it before taking any pictures! LOL We'll not talk about the rest of my house... LOL

Katie said...

Thanks for participating! I loved to read your answers!

Kathleen Grace said...

Fun getting to know you better. I prefer a lot of the same things, with the exception being a real tree.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Melissa, When you said to come over, that you had something for me, I was just wishing it was that fabulous silver tea pot lamp! LOL! Just kidding, although I do love it! Thank you so much for the award that you passed on to me! I am honored to be recognized by you and do appreciate it so much! And Congrats to you, for being awarded the two awards!

I enjoyed reading the responses in your post today! :) If I don't "talk" to you before Christmas, I hope you have a blessed and Merry Christmas! :) ~hugs, dear friend, Rhonda

Shannon said...

I love reading these lists. :)

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever heard of anyone wanting forks for Christmas lol...I guess that make my list of a shotgun and food storage seem a tiny bit less strange lol

SmilingSally said...

I've seen so many of these, and I always come away thinking that we all are so very much alike.

Lorrie said...

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your list, it's fun to learn more about you.