Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tagged and Awards!

I am now a bathroom Beauty Snapper!!! I earned this lovely award from Shelia from Note Songs. Thank you Sheila. Scroll down a couple of posts to see my what I did to earn the award. :D


I have been Tagged by Valerie from It's a Wonderful Life. She lives in the same area that I live in. We need to meet up for coffee one day.


7 Weird facts about myself:
  1. I tend to be a germafobe, but God has dealt with me about it by giving me a thumb sucker who I have to force to wash her hands and nag constantly about hygiene.
  2. I am a counter that everything has to be symmetrical. When taking photography classes 20 years ago, I had a couple of teachers force me to quit seeing things that way. (Yep, all of my pictures were even.) But it was easy to see what they wanted me to see and I still like balance and everything to be symmetrical. Everything must flow. I teach aerobics and being a counter helps me out there. I must do as many moves on the left side as the right side. If I take a class from someone who does not teach that way it drives me nuts and I fret I will walk out of the class with a lopsided body. Though, technically, that is not the case.
  3. I will be 50 years old next month and I teach aerobic/fitness classes. (Hey, I'm going to be there working out, may as well get paid for it!)
  4. I can still do back bends.
  5. I collect Teapots and Coffeepots.
  6. I teach 4th grade Sunday School-edited to say, it is amazing we (dh and I) have not killed a couple of kids. LOL!!! The boys are a hand full.
  7. I love deep rich reds. (It is easy to decorate for Christmas at my house!) Edited to say that really is not weird. What I should say is.... Since May/June of 2003, I have had major surgery every other year. Sometimes they are two years to the date. DH is already teasing me about what organ/body part will be removed this year. LOL! I say I am taking this year off. :D
Now I am supposed to pass along to 7 other bloggers and include their link in their name. And these are the 7 that I chose to pass the tag along to:
  1. Shelia of Note Songs
  2. Nikki of Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah
  3. Rhoda of Southern Hospitality
  4. Kathy of Kathy's Cottage
  5. Sally of Smiling Sally
  6. Wendy of Ivory Spring
  7. Anya of Hills Creek Quilter
Thank you Shelia and Valerie!

I have some more awards to post. I will get that done in the next couple of days.

Have a blessed day everyone!
Melissa

11 comments:

Anya said...

What? Only 7 weird things about me? Where do I begin?

Thanks, Melissa!

SmilingSally said...

Oh my, I've done this before, but I'm so weird that it's a snap to do it again. It'll take me some time, so please be patient. Thank you, Missy, for honoring me.

nikkicrumpet said...

Thanks for tagging me...but how can anybody compete with you after you revealed you can still do a backbend!!!! Oh my gosh I about fell off my chair. Only way I could still do that is if a large monster...say the size of Godzilla..decided to fold me in half! I'm very impressed!!! Thanks for thinking of me...I should be able to come up with 7 weird things...it's just stopping at 7 that will be difficult lol

Kathleen Grace said...

Thank you Melissa! I'm 50 and I can't imagine teaching aerobics! I should be in a class though. I will try to come up with 7 weird things soon:>)

Shannon said...

I am going crazy over the backbend! :) You MUST post a picture of you doing one!!! :) Ha! I'll email you.

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetness! Oh, I'm so glad you've joined the Divas! You're wonderful!! A backbend! You can do a backbend? Oh, my aching back! I'm so impressed, Melissa! Thanks for thinking of me. I may have to wait awhile since I've just got my puter up and running again. I'm a bit behind on things.
1Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anonymous said...

50..... no way..... I though maybe 30...... but....50..... well goes to show all the exercise is working...... WOW.... I got get my workout tapes out..... I think it is too late for me...
HUgs
Linda

Tootsie said...

thanks for the visit! I wish I could do back bends! I am not overweight...but not in shape either...I admire you! your blog is great and I do plan to visit again!
congrats on the awards!

Darlene said...

That was fun learning more about you. Some fun facts!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun..I love "tags"..I am germphobic too and I love teapots!!
-sandy toes

Anonymous said...

What a fun post, Missy! There is NOT a thing wrong about being particular on SYMMETRY! I am exactly the same way - I think that's what makes a good smocker! ;)

Thanks for the tag... now I have to think real hard what are some weird facts about me... ;)