Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tablescape Thursday


This is my first Tablescape Thursday. And I hope that I do not bore you with this tablescape! Thank you Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Tablescape every Thursday.

Now you see, because I do have a lot of dishes, and I lust, I mean admire all the dishes I see out there, and because I made the 'Dishaholic Award' a few of you accused me of being a Dishaholic! Now I have never been awarded the Dishaholic Award. :D But I think you do have to buy a lot of dishes to be a Dishaholic. ;-) (Tee Hee)

Well here is one set that I have actually bought. And some have already fallen victim to my granite tile counter and terracotta floor. (Sigh....) I certainly am glad that I only paid $9 bucks on clearance for a 4 piece place sitting for 6 at Big Lots. One of the Dessert/Salad plates was cracked (all of the boxes had one cracked Dessert/Salad plate thus "Clarance" for $9 bucks!)


A lovely white stoneware set that goes with anything!


I had to have some lovely flowers for my Tablescape so I got these from my garden. They look perfect in the vase. A friend gave me that vase for my birthday several years ago.

My Chateau (by Oneida) stainless flatware (wedding gifts) looks just right with this set of dishes. Here in the south, or at least in this house, our iced tea glasses are huge! I bought the glass (I do buy my glasses and I try to keep about 10 - 12) you see here, a Libby Glass from Wally World. .97 or so. When it falls victum of my counter top or kitchen floor, I go buy another...

The placemats and napkins are a gift from my mom. I think I have had them at least 20-25 years. Not sure. They used to go with a set of stoneware I had when I was single.


I found this little square plate on clearance somewhere last fall. It goes with one of my homemade cloches. (I borrowed it from the cloche.) Now after seeing it with this tablescape, I want 5 more.... (is that lusting or sinning? Am I a dish-o-holic?)


Guess what? When DD came along, we got several sets of Chateau baby/toddler flatware! I guess Oneida makes it for little ones too! Well I think the knives look just like individual butter knives so that is what I use them for. :-)


I thought everyone in Bloggerville had a set of these but me. Then one day I was in that French store.... Tar'je' (Target) and there they were! I plan to make tassels out of them.


The bread basket was a wedding gift. It was silver plated. Last fall, after reading all the paint parties on the blogs, I primed it and painted it blue. See, I did not buy it either and I was about to give it away. (I have given tons of stuff away. But I continue to be blessed!)

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. To view more Tablescapes or to participate, stop by Susan's blog @ Between Naps on the Porch.

Have a blessed day,
Hugs,
Melissa

35 comments:

xinex said...

Pretty vase! Beautiful dishes! You did excellent for your first tablescape, Melissa. You're a pro!...Christine

Anonymous said...

Primed it and painted it blue! What a great idea. Love the vase and flowers. Lovely tablescape Melissa. happy tt...

Deb said...

Hi Melissa! Just beautiful! I love the fresh flowers from your own garden. The vase is really nice too lots of lovely colors! Blue and white together always look so fresh! Deb

Nancy said...

Great job. I'm love the way you painted the basket...I'm going to dig mine out and do it! :)Nancy

Barbara Jean said...

Beautiful table!
Glad you joined in.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Melissa, you did such a nice job with this! I love the blues, and I am crazy about your little birds. I know several people have them, and I am in love with them. Darling! And how interesting that you painted your basket! What type of paint did you use? Is there some special kind? I love your flatware, too. The whole tablescape is a great look!

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Happy first tablescape! This was my first week as well - love your setting!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Great job on your 1st tablescape, I loved it. Cindy

Petunia said...

Great idea to paint the basket. I will have to remember that one. Your table is so pretty!

Martha said...

You did a great job on your first Tablescape Thursday -- your table is lovely and I love how you put sale things together with things that you've had for a long time.

susan said...

Congratulations on a great 1st tablescape!! Sometimes it's nice to pull out the thing we love and use them. I think I'll use MY silver covered butter dish today!

Ramona said...

Absolutely lovely...well done!

Smiles ~ Ramona

Candy said...

Love the blue. A girl can never have too many dishes!
Cheers, Candy

Chandy said...

For a first timer, you're off to a good start! Lovely table!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful table, Melissa!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Lovely tablescape, Melissa! I love those square blue plates! Welcome to TT!
Have a fabulous day!
;-D

Unknown said...

Lovely tablescape! I really love your silver butter dish! Is that what it is? It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi ,How are your sweet birdies doing?
I see you're ready for Spring also.I love that butter dish and those Tar Je' birdies are EVERYWHERE.I want some too.ha.Love this excellently done....Ann

Linda Q said...

Pretty table, I like your little touches!
Welcome too to the fun each week!
Linda Q

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Great tablescape and I love the dishes. Hmmm making tassles out of those salt and pepper shakers - great idea! Have a wonderful evening,
Tam

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Tablescape Thursday

Susan

Fifi Flowers said...

Pretty table!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty setting.... love that square dish...... I got to get me some of the little birds.....
HUgs
Linda

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great 1st tablescape. I have those famous birdies from the french store as well. Who doesn't? I love that so many people have them & love them. Thanks for joining in on the fun. This can be soooo addicting.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Everything looks so pretty Melissa ! What a bargain you got on the dishes.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Melissa, your setting is beautiful...all the extra touches and so nice. Great dishes! Also, your photography is perfect! Linda

bj said...

OOO, your table looks just beautiful...I love the solid white.
And, I love your little Target birds. A LOT of us have them...*smile

Mary said...

Gosh, I must be the only person in Bloggerville without those little birds! (Note to self: go to Tar-jay!)

Love the blues and whites with your beautiful garden flowers -- such a fresh and pretty table!

Darlene said...

For your first time tablescaping you did a fabulous job! I LOVE those little white salt/pepper birdies. I have some too....never thought about making tassels out of them....Hmmmmmm

jerseygirl211 said...

You did a great job, lovely table. Can't wait to see what you do next.

'D'

Anonymous said...

Missy,

What a warm and welcoming tablescape -- you know, I am inspired to start a "white" dish set for me. To bad we don't live closer, or else we could trade dishes to use. That way, we dishaholics can "feel" like we have even MORE dishes to play with! :)

Have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

Missy! I can't believe you are another Jan Baby. So am I!! ;) And of course baby.

Sue said...

Love those plaid placemats and can't believe you have had them 25 years!! and ofcourse I recognized right away the infamous Target salt and pepper birds...I think I'm the only person that doesn't own a pair!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

LOVE the vase the flowers are in - so pretty! You set a a really beautiful table!

Manuela

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh, how did I miss this!? I love it all! Gorgeous tablescape, Melissa!