Monday, November 16, 2009

Blue Monday & Bringing Justice to Bella!

Good afternoon! Welcome to my Blue Monday Post. Thank you Sally for Hosting Blue Monday ever week. It has been a while since I have participated, but I have been collecting photos.... ;-)

I am going to have a double post type thing today.  I hope you enjoy it! 


Many of you have seen my chalk board before.  I love it!  Planning on making some for Christmas presents this year.  Isn't that teacup pretty?  $1.47 cents at The Foundry Thrift Store.  Yep!  Johnson Brothers.  White bone china made in England.  I thought only Manuel found bargains like that.  I guess going to her blog has rubbed off on me. ;-) They only had one set, but I thought it would be perfect for holding my chalk and sponges I use for my chalk board!  Kewl huh!  I will photograph and talk about the lamp on another post.  The coffee cup, I have several of.  I think I paid $ for them some where, like our favorite place... the $$$$ tree?  I don't remember.  I have so many blue coffee cups from the $$$ tree.  LOL my favorite place to buy them. 

November is a time that we are thankful for so many blessings that God has given us.  I am thankful for the wonderful Christian husband that God has given me.  The blessing of a beautiful and sweet daughter who knows and loves the Lord. 

November is also a month that churches are coming together and putting an emphasis on the orphans in our country and our world and  an emphasis on adoption.  Orphan Sunday was November 8th.  There was a live event that was tele/webcast  all over the country and to other parts of the world and what a blessing it was!  If you did not get an opportunity to see it, either at your local church or online, I will post a link at the end of this post.  You will be able to view it at your leisure.  
I will not leave you as orphans; I will come for you.  John 14:18
Did you know that in this country alone, there are over 140,000 children in the foster system?  Most need homes and need them soon.  What would happen if the churches stood up and did what God commanded us to do and care for the fatherless?  This number would be...zero.  Worldwide, the number of orphans run into the millions!  What a testimony it would be for the Christians to step forward and not just support these children, but give them a family, a home.  A Godly Christian home and a loving family...


Many feel lead to answer the call that God has put on their hearts.  Adoption is expensive.  Whether through children's services, domestic or foreign, it is very costly.  Often times a family who does a foreign adoption will plan on one child and come home with multiples. Because of this expense, many couples are coming up with creative ways to pay for adoptions in order to not go into debt or add on additional debt.  You might say, "but what  about the 'tax credit'?"  It is nominal compared to the overall expense. 

I want to introduce to you one such family, the Wilbanks. (Don't you think a little girl would look precious between these 2 boys?!?  I do!)


You can read more about their testimony of God's calling here on their blog Bringing Justice to Orphans .  They are in the process of adopting a baby girl from India.  Her name is Bella. They are using their blog as one source of raising money toward Bella's adoption expenses and have opened a Just Love Coffee store on their blog!  $5 from of every bag of coffee purchased from the Wilbanks' Coffee Store goes into a fund to help in offsetting Bella's adoption expenses.  I know most of y'all love good coffee.  (I read about your coffee drinking on your blogs all the time! :-D) And let me tell you, Brittnie would not be selling it if it was not good!  B/c like me, she is picky about her coffee.  Feel free to post a link to their Wilbanks' Coffee Store  on your side bar, just as I have done. 
I also told you I would post a link for Orphan Sunday Webcast.  Fix yourself a cuppa, sit back and enjoy!


Don't forget to go by our wonderful Hostess' blog, Smiling Sally, and check out the other Blue Monday Posts that are linked there.  You may even want to participate!

7 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Melissa, this is wonderful! It really does give everyone something to consider because that is a command from God's own mouth... to look after both the widows and the orphans. Some seniors are both widowed and orphaned. And my heart aches for kids in the foster care system.

Happy Blue Monday (and I love $$$ Tree, too!)

xo,

Sheila

Sally said...

Hi Missy, I'm so glad you joined in with your pretty blues. Your point is well taken. Have a Happy Blue Monday.

Karen said...

I love your chalkboard but more importantly, I love your inspiration. Something for me to think about.

Knitty said...

Wonderful post and what a great gift idea the chalkboard is!

Ladynred said...

Wonderful post and love the chalkboard. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

BEAUTIFUL post Melissa...I love all your Blue/White one of my favorite color combo in the whole world...Thank you so much for your sweet visit today my friend...Hopw all is great on your side of the mountain...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Rachel said...

Great post and quite convicting about orphans...thanks for the food for thought!!