Friday, August 22, 2008

My TeaPots

I love tea. Hot tea, iced tea, sweet tea, black tea, some green teas, some white teas. Fruity teas, rosy teas and yummy refreshing teas. And a girl has got to have a pot to make her tea in, right?

I am participating in Kelli's of There's No Place Like Home Friday Show and Tell. {Click on this link to read more about it.}
Show and TellAnd I am going to show you just a few of my teapots. I have them on display on the hutch in my kitchen. Many are gifts. Some are for looks. I think all the ones on this hutch are usable. That is a good thing. I like to use them. I also have some serving pieces of my everyday stoneware. I was fortunate that I selected a nice patter that was on sale for about a month before we were married. We got 32 place settings, a few serving pieces and a few odds and ends. We kept 18 place settings, finished out all the serving pieces (not all shown here) and traded the rest in on fine china. We were both in our 30's and it was a 1st time marriage for both of us. Everyone was generous.
I think all the teacups in this photo are gifts. I collect them as well, though not to the extent as the tea pots. The big blue stoneware teapot in the middle was on a clearance shelf at walmart 15 years ago. It was marked down to nothing, matched my everyday dishes and in the winter time, use it all the time. Not a chip in it.

Several stoneware pots that you see on the top shelf I purchased at an inexpensive price b/c I just needed something to brew a pot in. I did not always want to use china. ;-) One of the china pots was a souvenir from Mt. Vernon.

I have a silver plate salt and pepper shaker, tea strainers/infusers etc displayed there.
One of my cousins made the framed crochet doily for a wedding present. There are other knik knaks displayed as well. And if you notice, in the back of the buffet portion of the hutch there is a little teapot with a missing top.

It is just perfect to display flowers in.

Y'all have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

22 comments:

Charlotte said...

What a lovely collection. I like tea pots too. I have several, but not as many as you have. I love iced tea but don't care for hot tea. I wish I liked it. I've tried to. I just don't.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your tea pots are so pretty and I like the hutch with all the china on it.

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi Melissa,

What a nice collection of tea pots. Great idea adding flowers.

Brandee :-)

Kathy said...

Your tea pots are all beautiful! 32 place settings? Wow! Great expectations for a bride!
Kathy

Carrie said...

It was enjoyable to see your lovely display.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Your teapots are so pretty and I like the way you arranged them on your hutch. I like teapots, too. I just have never thought of collecting them. What a great idea.

Hootin Anni said...

They're all so amazing! I've been looking for 'nesting tea cups' these days. It's a fun collection you have here. Thanks for sharing.......

Happy Show n Tell day

Pamela said...

I love tea and tea pots also. One of my most precious possessions is a one-cup tea pot with matching cup, saucer and milk jug that my mother bought for me. She was having tea in a tea room in England and admired the set so much (and knew it would be the perfect gift for me) that the proprietor sold her one.

A Hint of Home said...

You have a pretty collection going there. They look good on your hutch.

Deb said...

Hi Melissa, you have a beautiful teapot collection. I love hot tea with lemon. My grandmother use to let me have a cup with her and we would have saltine crackers with butter spread on them. Deb

Kellie said...

What a beautiful collection!

Carla said...

Nothing is as sweet as a tea pot-well maybe a tea set on display! I love your title-to funny "Little Things in Life...Interests in the finer things in life such as reading, sewing, gardening, decorating, crafts, etc. Now I am not saying I actually do these things..."

Susan said...

A lovely collection indeed. I like the shape and idea of teapots.
Susan

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I love your tea pot collection. You've done a great job of displaying them all.
Now I know where to stop in for a spot of tea!

Unknown said...

That's a great collection of teapots! Thanks for posting.
Diane

Nancy Rosalina said...

Love your teapot collection...thanks for sharing it with us. Nancy

Sue said...

I love your teapots. You really have them displayed beautifully. We had a Tablescapes at church recently and one of the tables was decorated with the Teapot theme....beautiful!

Kelli said...

Oh, your teapot collection is just beautiful and I love how you have everything displayed. Yellow and blue is my favorite color combination. :0)
~Kelli

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Very, very nice collection! So charmingly displayed too!
There's nothing like a freshly brewed cup of tea on a rainly afternoon!
Enjoyed!
Blessings to you!
Claudia O.

Dawn said...

RE your comment - believe it or not, that is still our church building - we are not a big church, but we love it. Thanks for coming over!

Anonymous said...

Your teapot collection is impressive! They are beautiful!

Nanna said...

Love your tea pots Melissa, I have quite a few as well but they're just for looking for all of mine came out of antique shops, I loved that .."I'm not a horder" I'll have to rememeber that one ! LOL
Helen