Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thrift store finds!!!

I went Thrifting last week. I even had to go to a fast food restaurant to sustain life! Yuck! I will have to plan better next time.

Here are my finds! I do not believe I spent a total of $20 bucks.
Some baskets, less than a dollar, 2 candle sticks $1.49. They will look nice on my dresser. Sliver plate platter. Pretty heavy. It is stamped. I think a brand Service Merchandise or someone like that carried. There is a little rust on it. If it does not clean up well, I bet it will spray paint well. ;-) And then it will never have to be polished! Several doilies.

A blue and white plate. 30% off of 2.75. There was a TJMaxx sticker on the bottom that was partially peeled off. I have a spot for it in my kitchen.

You can see a white flower pot holder in the back (it was once black, had been painted white, I just painted it black again! Show it to you later.)

I needed a plain old bread basket in my kitchen to serve bread in. This was .59 cents and it will do nicely. The doily I found at an antique shop next to a thrift store. It is hand made, not mass produced in a factory. Nice tight even stitches. $3. I snatched it up. Someone did not know what they were letting go, or did not know what they were doing. Grandma spent a lot of time on this one.

The rest of the doilies I found were factory produced like the ones you would find in Micheal's or Hobby Lobby. But I always find use for them. I love doilies.

For one of the smaller baskets, I plan to borrow an idea from Kelli's (No Place Like Home) of storing/displaying dish towels in on the counter. I tried to find the link to that post on Kelli's site, but could not. Her basket looks like an antique. I did not want to get too nice of one b/c I might spray paint one of them... I am going crazy with spray paint! Zoey better watch out! I will be spray painting her next!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great finds! I'm looking forward to seeing the 'after' photos!

Darlene said...

Oooo I LOVE all of your thrift store finds!! Love it when I have a great day like that!

Kelli said...

You found so many wonderful things! I love the baskets!
~Kelli

Cindy said...

Great finds! Have not had a chance to go junkin in ages! But, two fab opportunities are coming soon and I can't wait! : D

c

Twice as Nice said...

You did very good. Those are some great finds...don't ya just love it :o)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful buys! Baskets always come in handy!
Penny

Screaming Meme said...

Oh yeah!!!! :) I love it!!!

Sue said...

Great finds!! I love going to the thrift store. I'm with you on the doilies...love them!

cherry said...

Wowza.........you scored! Love it all....I just love it when we all share are finds. cherry

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh I didn't see that post about the towels in the basket. What a great idea. I have some cute holiday towels that I don't like to use put like to display. You found some great stuff. Good job!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Great finds...love that little blue plate!!! Nanyc

Anonymous said...

You write very well.