Friday, December 26, 2008

Wonderful Christmas!

I sincerely hope that everyone had a wonderful Christ-filled Christmas day. We had a lovely day. A lovely week! It was busy! And flew by fast. And we had a wonderful time. My mom, who lives 2 hours away, stayed with us a few days. I went to her place to pick her up Tues and took her home today. She does not care to drive. We all spent Christmas day at my IL's house. FIL's wife had invited her two children and their spouses as well. We had a lot of fun.

Next week, I will begin to start posting to my Health and Fitness Blog again. I stopped some time ago. For a couple of reasons. But the main reason is I was asked to try out a product for free and write a review on the blog. I was not told what the product was, but I was so excited! A new fitness tool/contraption. A kettle ball, a new type of band, tube, ring, weight, something altogether different.... Well it was something altogether different alright. I wonder if the person even bothered to read my Health and Fitness blog! If they had, they would have known that this product was totally inappropriate for my H&F blog. If I told you what the product was, you would either die laughing or be offended. So I will leave it to you imagination. I will say, I was so disappointed and it took the wind out of my sails. I almost made it a private blog for the ladies that come to the fitness classes that I teach at church.

I have had a few of you ask if I will start posting pointers, etc again, either in this blog or in the H&F blog. With that bit of encouragement, I will start posting to the H&F blog. I might even start with a photo of me doing a back bend! And a DISCLAIMER and WARNING!

I will include tips on converting recipes to low fat and healthier ingredients that still taste great. How to start exercise programs, set a goal, etc. It will be great!

I hope that y'all will stop by that blog and visit and post often!

And just b/c I work out a lot does not mean I am immune to the holiday back sliding. I have been a Miss Piggy!!! And I will share with you tips on how to control that and get back into a healthy lifestyle when you catch yourself 'backsliding...'.

Have a great evening y'all!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I will check out your new blog for sure. Miss Piggy fits me to a T. LOL

Decor To Adore said...

The family received a Wii fit for Christmas. I have yet to have my turn on it, but lasts nights yoga session left my husband sweaty and out of breath. :)

Southern Fried Gal said...

Thank you for the kind Christmas wishes! Glad you all had a fun one. We will get together with my family on Sunday which will be lots of fun with all the kiddos! I'm sure I will have a few funny photos to post - ha!

The good Lord knows I need all the H&F tips I can get my hands on. Looking forward to it!

Lorrie said...

Merry Christmas to you too Melissa. I'm glad that you had such a great week with family!

Bo said...

Hi Melissa...good to read you had a fun time at Christmas...oh yeah, oink-oink from here too...LOL
;-) Bo

SmilingSally said...

Family time is the best time.

nikkicrumpet said...

Well if you're gonna post a picture of you doing a backbend...how on earth could we miss that!!!! Glad your Christmas was a happy one!

Anonymous said...

Even in my prime, I couldn't do a decent backbend! I can hardly wait to see your version! I look forward to your healthy lifestyle tips! I usually cook very healthy--I can use all of the new ideas I can find!!
I'm glad your Christmas was good--I wish you wonderful New Year's blessings as well!!!
Dana

Ramona said...

Merry Christmas Melissa ~ I will be visiting your H&F blog for sure...I love your blog and am enjoying all of the new friendships in blog~land...God Speed my friend...here's to a great new year!

Smiles ~ Ramona

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Melissa, your Christmas sounds like it was full of fun too! and lots of eating. Sorry about your experience with the free product thing, now you've got me curious. I'm a workout fanatic too, so I understand all of that. Since the body starts changing (after I turned 50, I really noticed some differences!). Not fun to get older, but we just have to do what we can to slow things down. And I agree, exercise is the best anti-aging there is!

Happy New Year!

Sweetie said...

I am really interested in your health and fitness blog. I'd like to thank you for the sympathy that you expressed over the sudden passing of my husband. I should be back to blogging by the middle of next week.
With love,
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy,

I am glad to hear that you had a good Christmas!

Blessings to you in the New Year!!!

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT to hear you ENJOYED your Christmas!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Melissa,
Thank you very much for stopping by my Christmas post and for your sweet comment. It meant a lot to me. You asked about the live Nativity photos. In October, Sara and I went with some friends to Branson, MO. Those photos were from a performance at Silver Dollar City. I was very touched by the young couple who so humbly portrayed Mary and Joseph.
I hope your Christmas was Merry & Bright. Ours sure was...I've already posted the photos of our wonderful day.
Blessings to you,
M.L.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Melissa, we did too!

I'll have to remember to check your health & fitness blog. A kettle ball would have been fun. My husband has been after me to buy one and I think I saw a DVD somewhere that uses one, so I'll have to look into that. I'm curious too about the "thing" that they sent you to try!!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,