Monday, December 29, 2008

Year End Review

Cindy @ My Romantic Home is having a Year End Review. (Please scroll down for Blue Monday Post.) I thought it would be fun to join in. I do not have a flicka account so I just posted photos.

I have only been blogging since the summer, but I have gotten so much inspiration. And learned a lot! And enjoyed sharing what little I know.


My lowfat, low cal Banana Pudding Yum!


Crock Pot Turkey Breast Roast. That is good too!


Grilled Tuna Steaks, Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus
I think the rest of my food is on the external which I have disconnected....


Tea Time w/Jan & Tom using my Laura Ashley Tea Set.


Huge wicker basket Thrift Store find. I think $4.25. It will be a parrot poopy perch. (Cheaper than Michael's 1/2 price!!!)


Linen piece found at the same Thrift Store.


My favorite find (Yard Saling with Southern Hospitality Rhoda) 1917 Electric Table Top Singer.
Other Thrift Store Finds. Doilies are in my linen chests until after Christmas. Silver tray, see photo below. Also scroll down a few posts and see a Nativity displayed on it. I think I paid less than 5 bucks for that thing. Candle sticks are in my bedroom, white thing painted black and on front stoop with flower pots in it, baskets put to good use around the house.

Thanksgiving Decor.


I found this tired old Chandelier.

And it was just what I was looking for! Now it has prisms hanging from it. (I need to take a new photo.)


My Laura Ashley Tea Pot and Tea Cup...


Crochet Doilies and Trivets made by my DH's Grandmother.


Recycled stuff from my basement. Old frame spray painted then glazed. Foam core sprayed with Chalk Board Paint.
Old Silver Plate Wire basket primed and spray painted to go with my kitchen.


Homemade Cloche.


Another Homemade Cloche filled to the brim with gourds.


Princess House Crystal Vase with Pine Cones and gourds.


And I am looking for a lid to one of my favorite tea pots. I broke the lid a couple of years ago. But meanwhile, it makes a great flower vase!

Beautiful almost flat clear soup bowl. I want to use it in my china garden. That is what I bought it for. But... It is so pretty!


Old Rusty Brass Umbrella Stand. Spray painted to give it a fresh new look.


Clipboard Craft makeover. Makes great gifts for teachers, co-workers, students, etc.


One of my Trash to Treasure features (made from a sneaker box that you would throw away), an Elfin Bed. Fit for any Elfin Prince. Or one coming to visit from the North Pole for a few days.

I enjoyed sharing some of my review with you. Look forward to looking at yours as well.

Happy New Year!

37 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

What lovely images. Have a blessed New Year!

nikkicrumpet said...

Such cute ideas and inspiration...I still think the clipboard is brilliant. I look forward to great ideas in 2009!

Anonymous said...

You have some lovely things. Soo pretty. I just love all of the birds on your side bar.

Cindy said...

What great flea market and thrift store finds you found this year! Mmmm I just wanted to reach through the monitor and grab a sweet potato and some asparagus! Those look so good! It all looks good! Thanks for joining in today!!!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Wonderful pics & great ideas!! Love those cloches!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

The Muse said...

you and me...let's go...right now...thrift store MEGA shopping LOL LOL...
i love the rethink reuse method of decorating our cottage..i like your ideas and style!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I loved all your pictures.....You did have a great year....I love all your treasures...and make overs....
Happy Holidays,
Mo :-)

Judy @ In His Grip said...

What a great year you have had. Fun pics.

said...

Gosh you are creative and clever! I really enjoyed seeing your look-back photos.

Salmagundi said...

Loved the clipboard idea! Enjoyed the whole year in review. Happy New Year to you!! Sally

Maison Douce said...

I love all your pictures, you have created lovely things!! Have a wonderful new year!!
Isabel

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Great year in pictures. Your birds look so pretty! Happy New Year!

Arleen said...

What lovely photographs, and I love that you included all the seasons! Thank you so much, and Happy New Year! ~Arleen

Charmingdesigns said...

wonderful...but how do you make those lovely cloches?? laurie

Terri Steffes said...

I have a basket very similar to yours that was made in England. Bob gave to me as a gift when he got to go and I didn't! Thanks for coming to visit me!

Unknown said...

Great finds, many creative ideas.

Wishing you a Happy New Year and may this 2009 brings you lot of blog joy.

Suzy

debi said...

Great photos! You have some fun things...and the food looks delicious! Happy New Year!
Debi

P. said...

You have things so beautiful.

Alfazema

SmilingSally said...

It's been a good year.

Bo said...

I enjoyed your photos in review...I do remember your cute shoebox idea! Happy New Year!
;-) Bo

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Great pics. I love your projects and all of the food looks yummy! Have a great New Year!

Kathleen Grace said...

Such great photos and thrift finds! I love the chandelier and the home made cloches!

Local Girl said...

What great finds! Love your pictures and thanks for sharing.

Happy New Year!
Liz

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I enjoyed seeing them.
Happy New Year!
Charlotte

Nancy Rosalina said...

Melissa, It has been a pleasure to get to know you this year. I have enjoyed your blog and look forward to another wonderful year! Happy New Year! Nancy

Carolyn said...

Lots of treasures!I especially love the chandeleir.
Happy New Year
Carolyn

Rebecca said...

Those sweet potatoes look Yum-O!
Thanks for sharing your photos!
New Year's Blessings,
Rebecca

Anya said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos, Melissa. I especially love the vintage Singer sewing machine! Best wishes for you and your family to have a happy and healthy 2009.

Kitty Scraps said...

Isn't it wonderful to look back on all that you've created in the past year? You've really done a lot to be proud of! Such great projects and what awesome bargains you found thrifting! Great review!

akawest said...

Your photos are wonderful. Yard Saleing with Rhoda - You lucky, lucky woman!!

Have a healthy and happy 2009.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a yummy post! Everything looks wonderful. Wishing you a very happy and blessed 2009!

~Melissa Lewis, Off The Wall

Sandy said...

Delightful review! I really love the tea pot full of daisies! Have a wonderful New Year.

desiree said...

Your photos are very lovely. Thanks for sharing and Happy 2009 to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

The grilled tuna with the sweet potatoes is just what I'd love to have tonight for dinner - looks delish! It's fun to review - love those homemade cloches!

Manuela

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Beautiful photos and great ideas.
Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christie said...

Hey Melissa!
The year in review was so fun to see...and I think your table will look beautiful painting black and then maybe even distress it...
Hope you are having a great new year!
xoxo,
Queenie