Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blue Monday

Welcome to my Blue Monday Post. Blue Monday is hosted by Sally @ Smiling Sally's Blog. Thank you Sally!


I love this shot of Cinderella's Castle. It is Blue, and so beautiful with the Ice Crystals dripping from it. Oh I almost missed this shot b/c I was all the way in Fronteirland when I first saw the color change to this Blue. (And it was so crowded. A sea of people, very difficult to navigate through the crowd and with 2 families, 3 of us photographers.) There was another Blue, it was aqua Blue. Pretty, and I captured it as well. I will save it for another post as I have a whole series of the castle photos featured in different colors. At night time, different lights are put on the castle changing color(s), even during the fireworks. It is beautiful. This photo was taken before the Wishes Fireworks show. The camera was hand held as there was barely a spot to stand let alone set up a tripod. That night was very very crowded.

To see more Blue Monday Posts or to participate in Blue Monday, go to Sally's blog by clicking HERE. Thank you for taking time to visit my blog today. Thank you Sally for hosting.

Y'all have a great day!

23 comments:

SmilingSally said...

This trip proved to be a treasure trove of posting for you. I wish I could have gone along. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

LADY JANE said...

Oh...to be a princess in a blue castle! Great Photographs and lovely memories!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Anything Disney is magic and happiness to me. Great shot of Cinderella's castle.

jlshall said...

Wow - that is really impressive. Can't beat Disney for wonderful effects, right? Great Blue Monday post!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I never get tired of Disney. This photo is why! Love it!

XO,

Sheila... Happy Blue Monday!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl this is so pretty..I have never been to Disney world..but Disneyland many a times as I live in Calif..thanks for sharing a great BLUE Monday...hugs and smiles Gloria

Sweetie said...

Such a magical castle. The blue is beautiful. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you were able to take that picture. It is stunning. Happy Blue Monday!

Dawn said...

That had to have been wondeful in person. The color is spectacular!!!!

take care,
Dawn

akawest said...

I never tire of Disney. My daughter is a cast member. She was performing on Main Street for the fourth time one day, when we somehow (we thought dancing three times meant three times, not three sets of three-dumb us) ended up on the other side of the park. My husband and younger daughter decided to wait, but I took off sprinting. I wish there was a video of me as I ran. People were staring, I am sure.

Sorry for the digression. I think your castle photo is very pretty. I would also have made sure to get it.

Dixie said...

The picture and the singing make you want to be there!

I knew there would be a few of us that would enjoy seeing Sally in her habit once again!

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and leaving your thoughts. I hope you have a chance to come back Wednesday and participate in Wordless Wednesday.
Happy New Year, Dixie

Anonymous said...

I can just picture you pushing your way through the crowds to get the perfect Blue shot. That's a true blogger!

Kathy b

Sherrie said...

Hi!
It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Carrie said...

Ohh, I didn't know that they flooded the castle with different colors. This is beautiful.

ellen b. said...

Glad you spotted the castle all lit up in blue. It looks great! Happy blue to you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! the blue castle is gorgeous. Magic is happening here.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

A Blue castle ..... oh my.... I never knew they change the color like that ...... gosh it is so pretty....
HUgs
Linda

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Night Photography. I do enjoy your work. Have a good year with your camera at hand.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What an excellent picture! Your photos are just wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by to see me.

Darlene said...

That castle is GORGEOUS. I am so glad you captured the picture!!!

Kim said...

What a beautiful photo! Disneyland, even as an adult, proved to be the happiest place on Earth. It is a place for magical memories to be made!
*smile and happy blue monday*
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa and thanks for popping in to see me today! I love that blue castle too! And the song - When You Wish Upon a Star - almost makes me cry - it's so sweet!
Hope all is well! Happy New Year!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh that is a gorgeous shot! Nancy