Friday, January 9, 2009

Hooked on Chandi's

Good Morning Everyone! I hope that you are having a great day! I am! It is Sunny here in Alabama. We have had a lot of fog and rain. Not that I am complaining. But I like sunshine too. :D

I wanted to join Julia@Hooked on Houses ~ Hooked on Fridays Party today. {Please scroll down for Kelli's Friday Show and Tell.} (Julia, thanks for hosting!) She has been Chandelier shopping and as of late I have been obsessed with them. So that is what my post is about. I even have some older posts where I have gone into stores, flea markets, antique shops and taken photos of chandis.... enough of that. LOL!

Since blogging (I started last summer actually for my photo business, and I hardly ever post to that blog!!! LOL!!! And this is my fun everyday blog. ) I became obsessed with Chandeliers. As I posted in Rhodas 2009 Project Party, I have looked for a Chandi for my kitchen for years.

And here it is!

I love it! About $68 total invested. Some of the arms had to be re-attached, some re-wiring done. I saw where I could hang prisms from it so I ordered a few. Too many and too big makes it 'over done'. It is perfect for my space and the price was right as well. :D

Then there is the Foyer Chandelier. I love it. Perfect for the space. I search long and hard for that one, but bloggerville changed all that for me. Made me step out on a limb, buy something perfect in every way but in color. And you know what? A can of spray paint changed all that. :D

I was also on a "hunt" for a Chandi for my DR. I have one of those 8 arm brass chandeliers and I am tired of it. (It looks a lot like that white Martha Stewart one, but it is brass... There is always spray paint!)

I found one on Craigslist dripping with prisms. And bought it, it is in the basement....I have not taken a photo of it yet or posted about it so everyone will just have to stay tuned. :D

For more Hooked on Friday's Post, click HERE. And again Julia, thank you for hosting. It has been fun!

12 comments:

Robin @ The Rendered Nest said...

I am so glad you stopped by my nest during Rhoda's Project Party! It is so nice to meet a fellow blogger in Birmingham...we actually live in Hoover (Greystone), too. As a matter of fact, I realized when reading your profile that you and I have a lot in common...being Christian moms, plus favorite movies, blogs, and music to name a few. The only thing we differ on is exercising...I avoid it at all costs even though I know I should be doing it! I love your photography! I have a Nikon D80 arriving via UPS any minute now and I am looking forward to learning how to use it!

I am definitely following your blog now...have you in my favorites and following on Blogger! I would be honored to be included in your list as well. And thanks for sharing about Julia's Friday party...forgot about it, but may have to head over there! Enjoy the sunshine before more rain heads our way!
Blessings, Robin

Mia said...

They are beautiful, both chandeliers! My favorite is the white one, great job!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, wow, I love that white chandelier that you fixed up! I'm afraid I don't have the skills necessary to do something like that.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's been obsessed about chandeliers. Now I notice them everywhere I go.

Thanks for joining my blog party! Great post! :-)

Lamp Tramp said...

Both are beatiful, but really love the white chandi. You did an amazing job. You inspired me to do something with my shiny brass dinning room chandi thats been drving me crazy!

SmilingSally said...

I'm glad you posted another picture of the entry chandelier. It does look nice.

Anonymous said...

That's a beauty! I love chandeliers dripping with crystals - I think they look good just about everywhere!

Manuela

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

I love your chandeliers and I am also obsessed with them. Great blog.

Elizabeth

Tamara Jansen said...

What a great find!

Bo said...

Hi Melissa...you've made some great choices...I love chandeliers too! ;-) Bo

Anonymous said...

What a great makeover on the chandelier. I've been looking for one for the entry way for a long time. The ones I have found that I really like don't go too well with the one in the dining room which the entry way goes directly into.
Enjoyed your blog.
Charlotte

Gone said...

Oh, I love chandi's too! Yours are GREAT!!!

Christie said...

oh your chandy is gorgeous....and I love the look of your new blog background....everything looks lovely....including "you" in your new avatar picture. Hope you have a beautiful weekend...
Talk to you again soon!