Monday, February 9, 2009

An Award!

I feel like I have been a terrible blogger as of late. Life is getting in the way and I have several projects that are coming up and they will make me even busier! But that is part of life. I miss you all! I am going to take some time to do more than lurk and will be posting to everyone's blog in the next few days.

Also, a month ago, I started Kay Arthur's Isaiah Part I. This is a wonderful Bible Study. If you ever get a chance to take it, do so. You can also take it online. Since I will not be able to go to class tomorrow, I am going to see if I can view the video online. (technology... too kewl!!!)

Speaking of technology & terrific bloggers.... Meet Sweet Susan - A Southern Daydreamer (go check out her blog! it is awesome and she knows how to use a computer! She has decorative thingys in her sidebar that match her blog! And she has been blogging less than 2 months!). Susan just bestowed the Premios Daro Award to me. *Blush* I did look up the meaning of this award....
“The Dardos Award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.” *Blush*



Now, I am supposed to pass this along to 5 other bloggers....

Sweet Kitty Scraps-A bit of Fluff, Quite Messy Really

Smiling Sally-Smiling Sally's Blog-Susan may have given her this award, but Sally deserves it! She is a faithful blogging friend. :D

Lovely Anya-Hills Creek Quilter

Beautiful Nina-Portugal Bound (She follows my Health and Fitness Blog and is my new email buddy. She is helping my with my girls mission goup - GA's- You Baptists will know what GA's are.)

Beautiful Sharon-Keeper of the Home Sharon encouraged me to start posting to my Health and Fitness Blog again after a time of letting it go almost dormant.

Please go by and visit these ladies blogs. Unlike me, they really fit the discription of this award.

God bless you all today.
Love,
Melissa

13 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Aw, you're so nice to give me this award. I do appreciate it and the kind words.

Congratulations to you too!

Anya said...

That's very sweet of you, Melissa. Thank you. You are deserving of it as well.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

you deserved the award...you are a special lady!

susan

Sharon said...

I agree that you deserve the award. Thank you for passing it on to me as well. That is very sweet of you! I'll get to it as soon as possible. We all understand about life and priorities. Blogging shouldn't be in the top 3 anyway.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely award and such a lovely description of ..... YOU....
HUgs
Linda

Dawn said...

I haven't visited for a long time - sounds like you're very busy! Congratulations on the neat award.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Congrats on the award! Blessings to you Melissa! Nancy

Valerie said...

Melissa I have missed you! But I to have been really busy at work and home. After this week things should be back to normal for me again both at home and work. Seems like I have been going going going since about mid December. I am glad to be getting back to normal and visiting with all my friends again.

I have been looking for a good Bible study group. I think I might check out yours since it is online. Thanks. Now I am off to visit some of the friends you mentioned in your post.

Congratulations on your award!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa... thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog... I viewed your photography webpage and YES.... I see by your photos that you adore the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth and we feel privileged to live here.

Enjoy your day and come back and see me soon!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Christie said...

Hey Melissa!
You are a wonderful blogger....sometimes real life just calls us, honey it's the same with me... we can't help it ...my life has been so busy lately too...I haven't been doing as much visiting as I should...but I get around every chance that I can! LoL! Hope that you have a beautiful day!
Congrats on your award...you do deserve it too! by the way..thanks for the visit...it's always a pleasure having tea with you!
big hug,
Queenie~

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Congrats on a well-earned award!

nikkicrumpet said...

congrats on the award! I know what you mean about not having time to blog. I'm going to spend all day today catching up on all the blogs I've missed visiting in the last 3 days. It's going to be an all day project but it's so much fun to see what I've been missing!

Kitty Scraps said...

OHMYWORD! Thank you so much to include me in your special award! What a sweetie you are! And I can't think of anyone who deserves your award more than you! I will get it posted and passed along on my side as quick as I can. Again, many thanks for including me *so not worthy*