Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Broke a Promise to My Husband....


...that I made to him 17 years ago and last week I made Tuna Casserole!!! Just before we married, (17 years ago Saturday) he made me promise that I would never make and serve him Tuna Casserole. I have gone 17 years without Tuna Casserole!!! And I have really been craving it. Yum yum!

Look at this delicious mixture. Light chunk and albacore tuna, cream of mushroom soup, fresh broccoli and grated cheese.


And cooked brown rice... yum!

I could not find any saltines, but I did find some wheat things so that is what I used. And added more cheese. Look at that hot bubbly cheese. Yum!!!h

Serve it up! A meal in one dish on a plate. Oh it is so good! DH took a small spoonful and asked that I never make it again. DD took one "thank you" bite then made herself a PBJ.

More for Me!!! :D

Tuna Casserole
2 cans of tuna~drained
Bag of frozen broccoli~Fresh works well too
1 Can of Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup
Steamed rice
Diced or shredded cheese
Saltines

Mix together, pour up into 2qt casserole dish and bake in oven for about 30 minutes.

Thank you Gollum for hosting Foodie Friday. To see more Foodie Friday Treats go to Gollum's Blog.

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Melissa, you are so funny! I would be on the side of your family, and Mr. Magpie would join you in devoring the tuna! LOL! But I admit, that does look very good. You might have changed my mind about tuna fish casserole!

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Four Paws and Co said...

It looks delish Melissa, and at least they took a bite! Enjoy your tuna casserole!!! ☺ Diane

Unknown said...

My husband hates tuna casserole too! Yours sounds great!

Mary Bergfeld said...

There is no accounting for taste ;-).
I love tuna casserole but haven't made it in decades. You've got me thinking.

Anya said...

Why is it that husbands and children don't like tuna casserole? I love it!

Happy early anniversary!

Puna said...

I am a HUGE fan of broccoli! Thank you !

Bridget said...

I just made a slight variation, I put crushed potato chips on top and used noodles. I think mine will get a warmer receptions since one, DD is not here to complain and DH loves tuna casserole!

Sonshine said...

oh yum! I usually do mine with egg noodles and not rice though. Hummm! Wonder if I could get my hubby to eat it with rice?! LOL!

Rue said...

You are so funny Melissa! That really does look good, but I have a feeling my family would react the exact same way LOL

rue

Donna said...

It looks so yummy!! I love tuna casserole. If I were there, I'd help you eat it!

Also, I love all your sweet feathered friends on your sidebar. The parakeets are just adorable!... Donna

Sharon said...

I'd eat it in a heartbeat, but it's not one of my hubby's favorites either. Enjoy eating all of it!

Sue said...

My mom made hers with tuna, mushroom soup and crushed potato chips. It isn't something I really like. I do however love creamed hard-boiled eggs on toast. I make it when my husband is out of town.

Sue

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! I will have to give it a try. Love the idea of broccoli and rice....

~Liz