Monday, February 12, 2018

Are You Gluten Intolerant?

Do You Need To Go On A Gluten Free Diet?


I have to say, I am so thankful that I AM gluten tolerant. In fact, for lunch I had a slice of whole wheat peasant bread with crunchy almond butter (the kind that has to be stirred) topped with sliced ripe banana on top. In my blessing I actually thanked God that I am not gluten intolerant and that I do not have celiac disease. In all seriousness, I am thankful. 
My sister has issues with gluten, dairy, most meats and so many other foods. I have so many friends with dietary issues, having to cut out almost all grains, dairy, certain meats, and now my daughter is being tested for these issues. I will admit, as far as for myself, there are certain things I cannot eat, but not many. And, if I were to sit and eat a lot of bread at one time, my tummy would not be happy. In moderation and always using the rule of thumb: a service sizes is the size of "my" palm/fist and always eat a protein with my carb. Oh, and one more thing, always eat whole grains staying away from refined foods. All of this being said, I have heard of many people, who do not have celiac disease or gluten intolerance, enjoying benefits of going "gluten free".

What are your thoughts?

You can read more by clicking the link below:

No comments: