Thursday, February 1, 2018

Never Underestimate What a Good Haircut Can Do ~ My Gray Journey

It has been several months since I have posted about My Gray Journey and I thought it was time for an update. Fortunately, my hair does grow fast and, though fine, is very thick. That being said, it is not going to take too terribly long, I just need to be patient.

My hair had gotten pretty long. In fact, my hair dresser pointed out to me that I have not had my hair cut since August! That is a long time. It did look pretty curled.
























In the above photos, you can see how long my hair had gotten in just a short amount of time. In the photo on the left my roots had been touched up one each side of my part and in the photo on the right, those same roots had grown out some. But honestly, that is not the best way to grow out your gray. Especially if you DIY. Now I do think you need to do whatever makes you feel better about how your hair looks. In my case, pulling out the old Kindness 20 and rolling my hair. 










My "wash & go" hair simply was not working for me. I have even used some spray on hair color. That worked ok when I only had a tab bit of root growth by my part. As my hair grew out it would take half the can to cover those roots and that got pricey! 

Once again, I was hating how my hair looked. The ends were strawy and suffering from being over processed. The tip ends were blond and the hair got darker as it approached the gray/silver roots. I called my hairdresser and made an appointment. I knew at the time I did not want a really short haircut even though, with my gray roots being about 4 inches long near my part and 6-8 inches long on the rest of my head, we probably could have cut off all the color. However, I look like my dad, grandpa and my dad's 4 brothers. When my hair is short, I just look more like them. I know, vain. 

Here I am with my new "do"
Here I am with my new "do". A shout out to my hairdresser, Brooke at T. Fox Salon in Hoover. She always does a good job at making me look good. In 6 months there is going to be very little brown left. Then I am going to let it grow getting only the ends trimmed every 6-8 weeks.

I also have a video with this post. I hope that you will stop by and take a look at it. I go into a couple of things I have done to my hair that I would not recommend doing. 

Being patient and waiting is one of those little things in life...

Hugs,
Missy

No comments: