Thursday, September 11, 2008

Glaze

I need to glaze kitchen cabinets and another piece of furniture that I can not move outside. As many of you know, I have little birdies in the house. Right now it is too hot and humid to open the windows and have fans running.

My question is, how toxic is glaze? I have never noticed the smell to be that bad. I am waiting for cooler weather to come before painting my dining room. This is to limit the birdies to the fumes.

I just do not want my little birdies belly up in the bottom of the cage. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't believe it's that hot! We're having a really early fall weather-wise.

I have had to take my blog private, but don't want to lose all my friends, so if you'd like to keep in touch, please send me your e-mail address to dawn.carlson@colostate.edu. Thanks!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

It's hot here too, and today it is particularly muggy form the rain shower we got last night.
I don't know how toxic glazes can be. Can you call the store where you bought it?

Missy Wertz said...

I may have to do that. I heard we are supposed to get a cold snap. It is supposed to be 10 degrees colder by Monday morning? is that what you have heard?

Deb said...

Just stopping by to say hi, I don't know anything about toxic fumes. Will you be doing the glazing yourself? I can't wait to see the end results. Deb

Deb said...

I got both blouses from Macy's, Brookwood Village Mall. I shop when the seasons are changing so I get pretty good sales, these were about 15.00 each. I try to buy only what I really fall in love with. Deb

Missy Wertz said...

I am 15 minutes from the Galleria (used to be 5-10, but people decided that they like it out here and moved out here with us... traffic you know) and I could go right over to Macy's. But when I do go there, I never see anything like that. :-(

Missy Wertz said...

I need to go post this at your blog. LOL!

Rue said...

Good morning Melissa :)

My mom has two parakeets and a parot and I know that whenever she paints or uses any kind of chemical in the house she tries to either put them in another room or she opens all the windows and doors. I hope this info helps :)

rue