Friday, November 7, 2008

Pink Saturday

Good Morning and Happy Pink Saturday!!! Pink Saturday is hosted every week by Beverly of How Sweet the Sound.

If you have been following my blog, then you know that a few weeks ago, I went to Smocking Arts Guild (SAGA) Convention in Atlanta. Fortunately, my roommate needed help at the SAGA Market and so I helped her instead of spending all my money at the SAGA market and going to Atlanta Market. :-) Good thing too! Otherwise I would have had to pass on the bargains I found here at this shop. To know what I am talking about, you will need to scroll down a few posts and read about my trip home from Atlanta and the money I had just burning a hole in my pocket! (I still have most of that money and WDW here we come!!!) On my drive home from Atlanta I found a Flea Market/Antique Mall..... Spent some time there....


Something else I bought at that Flea Market/Antique Mall...
This beautiful clear soup bowl! Isn't it just lovely with all it's shades of Pink!
It is almost flat. Almost. I was going to use it in the China Garden I am starting. (China Gardens do not fade and wither during a drought. Nor do they have to be replanted every year.)
I think I saw on China Garden in Manuela's Blog. She has a beautiful China Garden. There are probably several other china gardens that I have seen photos of as well.


This loan clear soup bowl spoke to me. If there is not enough rain for my roses to bloom, I can still have a rose blooming in my garden, and it will be PINK!!!

Thank you Beverly for hosting Pink Saturday! I enjoyed participating. Please go to Beverly's blog, How Sweet the Sound, and check out the other Pink Saturday Posts and Happy Pink Saturday to everyone!

32 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

The bowls are beauitful!!! Perfect pink blooms! Happy Pink Saturday!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

This is sure a fantastic PINK find!
Love all details on this bowl, colours, love it!

~ Gabriela ~

SmilingSally said...

Pretty Pink china. Happy Pink Saturday!

Vintage To Chic said...

love the dish and will watch for your china garden,
Hugs,
Judy

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

What a nice find...I love the soup bowl.....just the right shade of pink...
Mo :-)

Picket said...

Morning girl...Happy Pink Saturday! What a pretty bowl..looks so vintage and delicate...never heard of a china garden..look forward to seeing yours! Have a great weekend.

Darlene said...

That is a gorgeous bowl!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Glennis said...

what a beautiful bowl. I love the swirling design. The idea of a china garden is intriguing.

have a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a china garden...please do tell more.
Happy Pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finds.
Happy Pink Saturday
Claudie

Unknown said...

What beautiful pink china. That design is gorgeous.
Happy Pink Saturday.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I love that bowl. It is beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Girl that dish is beaautiful reminds me of Victorian times..Hope you had a fun PINK day as I did..hugs and smiles Gloria

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Oh, I love your bowl. I guess I've not seen a china garden. I sure would love to, though.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

I really like that bowl. Enjoyed reading your blog, lots of pink stuff!

said...

Your bowl is truly a stunning work of art.

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa,
I love your pretty pink bowls!

KatCollects said...

I love your soup bowl, the colors together are so beautiful. I am intrigued by your china garden, what is is exactly? And do you really put china pieces outside? Can't wait to find out.
Kathy

Miss Rhea said...

Love that pretty bowl :) I would have had to take that home too :) Happy Pink Saturday !! :)

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

It is very pretty!

Fifi Flowers said...

Lovely find! Pretty and PINK!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Fifi

Sherri said...

Very pretty. What a great find.

Dee Light said...

What a wonderful pink find!!! Just love it.

Betty said...

That soup bowl is gorgeous! I think you should find a recipe for pink soup and save that soup bowl just for the soup!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Melissa.

Your bowl is beautiful, and what a great idea - a china garden. You'll have to show us more.

Vylat said...

A lovely find for a Pink Saturday. Enjoyed your bird photos.

Vanessa Greenway said...

Isn't it and adorable pink plate! Beautiful! :) Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful find..It's beautiful. happy lt pink saturday and have a lovely week.

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh those are just the most wonderful bowls.... the perfect pink...
HUgs
Linda

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Melissa, those bowls are so beautiful! Sorry I am so late visiting from Pink Saturday, so many lovely PINK blogs!
~Ann

Stephanie said...

Beautiful dish. Looks like you had a great trip!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

American Homemaker said...

I love the pink bowl... so pretty.